Five Steps to Fix a Broken iPad Screen
One-year warranty of Apple iPads doesn’t cover accidental damage. Here’s a complete step-by-step guide that you can follow to fix the broken screen of your iPad.
Fix It from Apple
You can visit an authorized service center of Apple to fix your cracked iPad screen. But before that, it is essential to know that neither iPads are cheap nor their repairing cost. You have to spend around $200 to $600 to fix the broken iPad screen. You can reduce the repairing cost by subscribing to AppleCare. However, you have to pay $99 every two years to leverage the benefits of AppleCare. In that case, you have to spend around $49 to $99 to fix the broken screen of your iPad.
Fix It from a Third Party Service Provider
You can visit any third-party service provider like us to fix the broken screen of your iPad at a much lower price. Apple might tell you that if a non-Apple employee opens your iPad, you will lose its warranty. It’s a risk that you have to take if you want to fix your iPad screen at a much lower price. Our team consists of highly skilled technicians who have years of experience fixing all types of problems in iPads. You can rely on us for iPad screen repair Covina. We can also resolve the other issues of your Apple products.
Steps to Fix a Broken iPad Screen
Here’s a list of steps that you must follow while dealing with a broken iPad screen.
- Step 1: At first, you must back up the data of your iPad. It is an essential thing that you should do before taking your device to a repairing specialist.
- Step 2: After that, you have to remove the damaged glass. You can use a heat gun to remove the glass gently. You have to be very careful while using the heat gun. A careless job can overheat the iPad or also damage the plastic gasket of the iPad. After that, you have to unscrew the LCD panel to remove the LCD screen. You have to be very careful while doing this job, or else you will end up damaging the screen. After that, you have to disconnect the LCD cable by gently pulling the cable out.
- Step 3: Finally, you have to reverse the digitizer cable and gently connect the new one. You have to replace the cable very carefully and not damage or tear the cable during the process. After that, you have to reconnect the LCD cable and tighten the LCD screws.
- Step 4: At this stage, you have to clean the surface using compressed air and temporarily place it on the screen without removing the adhesive back.
- Step 5: Since everything worked as planned, you are all set to place the glass over the screen. Finally, clean the screen with a screen cloth and compressed air.
These are the five steps that you can follow to fix the broken screen of your iPad. But the job is not as easy as it seems. You can confidently rely on us for this job. We offer affordable iPad screen repair Covina as well as in the surrounding suburbs. We repair all types of Apple products.